Development
Inter County
Committee
Rankings
ESRA
Ezee Squash
Masters Squash
Squash Player Magazine
Rules
 
   



 
HOME NEWS AND EVENTS LEAGUES JUNIORS COACHING CLUBS
 
       
     
       
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     

All clubs 
  Home

Club Name  

Abbeylands Sports Centre

Abbeylands School played in the Surrey leagues in 1996, although in one of the bottom divisions. However, the standards at the school slowly declined until 2000 when with too few pupils to carry on, it was closed. It was then reopened in 2002 as Jubillee High School. They still have two squash courts.

Ashtead

 

Banstead

Banstead Leisure Centre, as it is now called, had been entering a team in the Surrey leagues until 2004. They still have four squash courts.

Barnes Squash Club

 

BBC Squash Club

The BBC Squash Club played in the Surrey leagues up to 1997. The BBC's sports ground at Motspur Park was closed in 2004 after Hawkesbrook Leisure Group, which operated the site, went into liquidation. BBC Property owns the freehold to the site and historically allowed the BBC club to use it to provide services to its members. In July 2000, Hawkesbrook took a lease to run Motspur Park as a commercial venture, which included providing services to the BBC Club, but the company has since run into financial difficulties. The abandoned sports ground at Motspur Park has been unused ever since. However, there used to be a BBC Squash Club which played at Woodlands, 80 Wood Lane, London W12 0TT.

Betchworth

 

Bourne

 

Brixton

Brixton were a long standing club in the Surrey leagues but dropped out in 2011 due to difficulties both with the venue and getting a team together.

Camberley

 

Camberley Arena

Camberley Arena are listed in the Surrey Cup directory for 1996/97 but did not enter a side.

Cannons Farnham

Cannons Farham dropped out of the leagues in 2005.

Charing Cross Sports

 

Cheam

 

Christophers

 

Colets Health and Fitness

The Old Pauline Sports Club has been the home of rugby and cricket for old boys of St.Pauls' School, Barnes since 1930. In 1975 the idea of a squash club was raised and by 1977, The Thames Ditton Sports and Squash Club was built with 6 courts plus a club house. Soon renamed as Colets, a glass back court plus seating was added in 1984 but in 1994, 2 courts were taken out, including the glassback. However, in 2006, three of the existing 6 courts were redeveloped to give glass backs.

Cornhill Insurance

 

Coulsdon Manor

 

Cranleigh School

 

Cranmore School

 

Crawley

 

Croydon Gas

 

Crusader

 

David Lloyd Brooklands

Started as Brooklands Healthtrack.

David Lloyd Cheam

 

David Lloyd Epsom

 

David Lloyd Farnham

 

David Lloyd Hampton

 

David Lloyd Purley

Esporta Virgin Active Surrey

DC Leisure

Used to be called Kingfisher.

Dorking

 

Dorking Town

Dorking Sports Club still exists but no longer has any squash courts.

Dragons H & SC

This is now an LA Fitness club and still has squash courts.

Dragons Purley

Up until at least 1997 this was the New Croydon Squash Club but by 2000, it had become Dragon's Purley.

Dulwich SRC

 

Ebbisham

Ebbisham Squash Club was founded in 1937 as part of Ebbisham Sports Club Ltd in Eastway Epsom. This was a new venture which provided facilities for the existing badminton club, plus squash and tennis. There were originally 2 squash courts, with space for a third. Ebbisham Men's team played in the inaugural Surrey League, According to the club handbook for 1938/39 they had fixtures against Addington Place, Spencer House, Elmwood (West Croydon), Elmcroft, Forest Hill, Old Emanuel, Red Lion, Surbiton Lawn Tennis Club, Sutton Hard Court Club, Wimbledon S C, and Wellersley 'C'. They also played friendlies against Ashtead. The Ladies only played friendlies, against Ashtead, Elmcroft, Spencer House and a team called Mrs Winterbothom. When war was declared in September 1939, the club was requisitioned for use first as a Territorial Army base and then as a British Restaurant and school feeding station. One of the squash courts was used as a kitchen and the other as a store-room. Full use of the courts was not restored until 1952. Membership grew steadily through the 1960s; the third court was added in 1961 and by 1969 the club had 313 members playing in 39 internal box leagues. Club still going strong after 80 years.

Effingham Golf Club

No longer has squash courts.

Egham Sports Centre

 

Elmbridge

 

Esher

The club used to be off Esher High Street, beside the small car park behind Barclays Bank. The club had been closed and run down for many years and around 2014, it was flattened and 2 or 3 town houses built in it's place.

Feltham

 

Foxhills

 

Friends Provident

 

Grafton

 

Guildford & Godalming RC

 

Highlands Heath

Probably Rutland House, Highlands Heath, Putney which has communal squash courts.

Horley

 

Kings Club

 

Kingstonian SC

 

LA Fitness Gatwick

 

Lensbury

 

Limpsfield

 

Lingfield

Became Rockits at the end.

Meadhurst

 

Metropolitan Battersea

Given that it is the same address, the club became Cannons Battersea in 1999 and has now become a Nuffield Health Battersea Fitness & Wellbeing Centre. There are no squash courts.

Metropolitan Wandsworth

 

Mid Surrey

 

Mid Surrey

 

Mole Valley

 

Mount Browne

 

New Malden

 

Nomads

 

North Surrey

 

Nuffield Twickenham

Originally Richmond Town SC, this became Cannons Richmond until it closed in 2017. It was then bought and became Richmond Olympus and they played as Richmond Olympus in the 2017 Summer Leagues. Although they started the 2017/18 winter leagues, the original team decided to leave and moved to Nuffield Twickenham to finish the season.

Nuffield West Byfleet

 

Oaks Park

 

Old Emanuel

 

Old Mid-Whitgiftians

 

Old Rutlishian

Rutlish School is a state comprehensive school for boys, formerly a grammar school with the same name originally located on Rutlish Road, Merton Park, and relocated in 1957 on nearby Watery Lane, Merton Park, in southwest London. It is particularly noted for its most famous former pupil, the former Conservative politician and British Prime Minister Sir John Major, in its grammar school period in the 1950s. [Wikipedia]. The Old Rutlishians Sports Ground is at Poplar Road, Merton, London SW19 3JS and has 2 squash courts.

Old Rutlishian

 

Old Tiffinians

 

Old Whitgiftians

 

Oxshott

 

Preston Cross

 

Priory Health

 

Purley

 

Putney

 

RAC

 

Redhill Squash Club

 

Reigate

In the 1930s, there were few squash clubs outside London and the public schools. Lord Nugent, who had been an MP in the Home Counties, was enthusiastic to see squash clubs set up in the Provinces. By 1935, he had supported the establishment of clubs in Tunbridge Wells and Guildford. He sowed the seeds amongst potential squash players. Kenneth Brewer was a keen member of Reigate Tennis Club in Manor Road. The club needed £500 to build a new hard court and agreed with Kenneth to sell the land now occupied by the Squash Club. With the help of four local benefactors who provided £125 each and a bank loan of £1100, two squash courts and changing rooms were completed in 1936. A few years later, the club was requisitioned by the Canadian Army for storage. After the war, the club was soon restarted. The freehold was conveyed to the Trustees in 1952 but it took until the early 1960s to pay off the bank loan. In the 1970s and 1980s, two further courts were added. During this period, the club had a number of County and International players and developed some juniors who became stars of the future including Danny Lee, now professional at St. George’s and Alison Malynn (nee Cumings) who rose through the ranks to number 4 in the world.

Richmond

 

Riverbourne

 

Riverside Club

Not to be confused with Virgin Active / Esporta which for a short period was called Riverside.

Roehampton

 

Sandown Sports

 

Sheen Squash Club

 

Shelton Sports

 

South Bank

 

Spencer

 

St.George's Hill

 

Streatham

Streatham Squash Club still exists.

Surbiton

 

Surrey Sports Park

 

Sutton and Cheam

 

Sutton Tennis and Squash

 

The Wimbledon Club

 

University of Surrey

 

Warlingham

 

Warren

 

Waverley

 

West Norwood

 

West Surrey

The West Surrey Squash Club was at 7, New Zealand Avenue, Walton on Thames, Surrey KT12 1QA

Weybridge

 

Willows

The Willows Squash Club in Milford was turned into flats.

Wimbledon Racquets

 

Woking

 

Woking Leisure

Woking Leisure Centre was opened in 1976. It had 7 squash courts, one a glass back "for tournaments with seating for 200 spectators and ample provision for television coverage".

 

Admin Login
 
       
       
   
RECENT NEWS

AGM 2014
Calling all Juniors...
June 2014 Newsletter
The Surrey Closed - have your say...

 
LATEST TWEETS

 

 

 

SQUASH ENGLAND ON THE WEB